Olayinka leads the firm’s Energy and Natural Resources team and has remarkable expertise in Energy & Natural Resources Law, Tax Advisory and compliance, Project Finance, and Real Estate Transactions.
He is a recipient of the University of Lagos Scholars’ Award – the most prestigious academic award in that institution during his undergraduate studies, and has considerable expertise in commercial law. He also holds a Master of Laws degree from the same University, majoring on core commercial courses such as Energy Resources Law, Tax Law, Maritime Law, and Law of Secured Credit Transactions.
Some of his transactional experience includes:
- Advised the Preferred Bidder in respect of its US$580 million acquisition of 80% of the issued share capital of a power generation company and the purchase of 10 thermal generating plants pursuant to privatization exercise of the Nigerian government.
- Advised a client on its US$453 Million acquisition of 45% participating interest in an Oil Mining Lease pursuant to the divestment by the original joint venture partners.
- Advised an indigenous oil and gas company on its consolidation and restructuring of US$325 Million term loans to finance downstream assets.
- Advised a client on the mezzanine financing for the proposed acquisition of 75% of a publicly listed downstream oil and gas company worth over N150,000,000,000 (One Hundred and Fifty Billion Naira) by an indigenous energy company.
- Advised an indigenous oil and gas company on its US$45 million acquisition of sixteen (16) marine vessels from an indigenous marine company.
- Advised a client on its acquisition of an oil mining Jack-up Rig from a foreign drilling company in a deal worth over US$40 Million.
- Advised a client on its bid to electricity distribution companies in Nigeria to become Meter Assets Providers for the supply of meters to electricity consumers in Nigeria.
- Advised a Nigerian company on its acquisition of 30% participating interest in a marginal oil field in a deal worth US$27.5 Million.
- Advised a Nigerian oil and gas company on its US$10 Million joint venture in the provision of vessels for oil and gas companies.
- Advised an investor on the establishment of a wood pellet production facility as a source of renewable energy in an investment worth over US$3 Million.